211 Resource Specialist- United Way of Allen County
This full-time position is responsible for the maintenance and integrity of a comprehensive database of human and social service programs, government agencies, and pertinent information and resources available to our 10-county service area. This individual will ensure that the resource database meets all AIRS and IN211 Partnership Standardization requirements.
- Actively seek new and updated resource information and verify the accuracy of that information.
- Update all resource information in database for all counties annually and on schedule. This includes sending email alert for annual update, preparing mailings, and calling agencies that do not respond.
- Knowledgeable in the structure and contents of the AIRS/211 LA County Taxonomy of Human Services and ensures each database record is appropriately classified.
- Ensure all agency and program data is being entered according to AIRS and IN211 Partnership standardized requirements.
- Make 2-1-1 staff aware of new or changed agency/program information immediately.
- Ensure data exports are sent to Aging & In-Home Services on schedule.
- Maintain, update, and distribute disaster resources in appropriate formats to staff and volunteers in case of a disaster declaration.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or other related field of study strongly preferred. Will consider candidate with an associates degree in related field with the right combination of education and relevant experience.
Experience: A minimum of 2-5 years of related experience in human and social services field.
Wages: $12:00 - $13:00/hr depending upon experience
Complete details found on our website: www.unitedwayofallencounty.org
Preferred Reply by Email: Please provide letter of interest and resume by November 4, 2013 to Pattyr@uwacin.org. Subject line must include: 211 Resource Specialist. Be sure the document is in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
- Contact Person: Patty Rohrs
- Contact Person's Position: Director of HR
- Phone Number: 260-469-4017