Young Adult Leader(s), SEND North America
POSITION SUMMARY: The Young Adult Leader(s) of SEND North America will plan, organize, and lead a group of 12-20 young adults (ages 18-29).
There will be one male and one female Young Adult Leader serving as part of the SEND Ministry Team.
SEND is a 10-month experience, from September through June each year, to provide discipleship training for young adults. The goal is to equip young adults to become missionaries trained to impact their own cultures. The Young Adult Leader will facilitate the hands-on experiences related to the discipleship, spiritual formation, leadership, teaching and training of young adults.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties: The Young Adult Leader of SEND North America will be a Christian committed to the Great Commission, with a special passion for equipping young adults. This leader will bring skills to this position in the areas of leadership, wisdom, excellent people skills, and a zeal for reaching lost people. The leader will demonstrate a desire to learn the culture of revival DNA, as measured by the staff team of Church Doctor Ministries.
The Young Adult Leader will:
1. Be a team player leading and working with other designated SEND ministry team leaders to carry out the vision for SEND North America as a ministry initiative of Church Doctor Ministries.
2. Work with the SEND Administrative Team to plan the budget, curriculum, and organize the roster of teachers.
3. Work with the Young Adult Coordinator to connect young adults to ministry opportunities each week, through a network of local churches.
4. Work with the Young Adult Coordinator to recruit young adults and multiply young adult SEND Unit Leaders.
5. Help young adults discover who God has uniquely made them to be.
6. Plan and organize mission and ministry excursions one weekend a month.
7. Connect with young adults in community, and socially, as a spiritual shepherd.
8. Hold weekly accountability gatherings with young adults of the same gender and supervise the accountability leader of those of the opposite gender.
9. Interface with the mentors—one for each young adult—who are mature Christians from the network of local churches.
10. Connect with the pastors of the network of local churches. 11. Plan an annual mission trip to an international mission experience in a third world country.
12. Mentor and multiply SEND leaders through on-the-job discipling. These leaders will be deployed to other SEND units.
13. Other duties as assigned. SKILL QUALIFICATIONS: - Computer skills in Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher. - Basic operation of office equipment – multi-line telephone system, copier, printer, fax machines. - Ability to learn new things quickly and adapt to changing ministry environment. - Strong organizational skills. - Must be able to use calendar planning systems and follow established procedures. - Must be able to meet deadlines. - Effective oral and written communication skills. - Must have a heart for the local church the mission of making disciples in today’s culture. - Be aware of current trends in Christianity. - Must be able to process and understand Christianity as a movement and understand the challenges the local church faces today. - Must be able to show discipline and focus in handling multiple ongoing projects.
KEY SPIRITUAL GIFTS: Administration Faith Leadership Hospitality Discernment Wisdom KEY CHARACTER QUALITIES: - Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail. -
Must be a team player, willing to delegate, and function in a low control/high accountability environment. Must understand the value of team ministry. - Have an outgoing personality comfortable working in diverse settings, cultures, and groups.
Starter Financial Package: Year One: Part Time Hourly with flexible time/schedule
Year Two: Full Time Salary with expanded benefits (Compensation & benefit package will be explained during interview process.)
To be considered for a call to serve as a Young Adult Leader for SEND North America email: Resume/Summary of work experience, two writing samples, two letters of reference to: Tracee J. Swank, Leader of Church Doctor Ministries firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Person: Tracee Swank
- Contact Person's Position: Leader of Church Doctor Ministries
- Phone Number: 8006268515